Ourston Roundabout Engineering, Inc. professional engineers have the proficient experience profiles critically necessary to be the ideal specialized full service roundabout planning and design firm. We can confidently offer a complete range of analysis, research, planning and design services to develop high-capacity roundabouts in new or retrofit situations.
We offer services in these practice areas:
- Analysis, Planning, and Reviews: Peer reviews, design audits, in-service evaluations, studies comparing roundabouts with traffic signals, and Roundabout feasibility studies. Research of roundabout safety, capacity, vulnerable users; human factors and traffic control devices.
- Direct Design: We can prepare the full plan sets and manage the entire project or we can contribute components to a prime consultant. The ORE team will undertake the layout and design, and recommend signing, grading, lighting and construction staging.
- Design Oversight and Quality Assurance: Assure agencies of the correct site selection and design quality with the highest degree of skill and professionalism, applying science and deep experience with corporate and personal commitment to our valued clients.
- Education and Public Outreach: Building trust, listening, affirming, dispelling perceptions and educating for acceptance. We have possibly the most extensive library of public education resources and the most diverse tools and aids for building acceptance and for driver training.
- Research and Publications: Ourston's research and publication of case studies and technical reports feeds our design practice.
- Software and Innovation: Ourston Roundabout Engineering, Inc. recommends the software programs ARCADY 8 and RODEL. These programs are helpful tools for aiding roundabout design. We also offer expert services in microsimulation using VISSIM and TRANSYT13.
For details on current and past projects, refer to Projects.